Creating images for deploying to microSD
1. Download the images tools from: https://gitorious.org/picopc-tools/picopc-tools and go to the create-virtual-image/ folder
git clone git://gitorious.org/picopc-tools/picopc-tools.git cd picopc-tools cd create-virtual-image
2. Create a empty virtual image with:
./create-virtual-image.sh Creating a 256 MB image with 9% boot partition Creating empty disk image...done Creating partitions on /dev/loop0 ...done Setting up virtual partitions...done Creating MSDOS filesystem for BOOT partition ...done Creating EXT3 filesystem for ROOTFS partition ...done Mounting paritions ...done All done you can copy your files to boot and rootfs Execute sync-virtual-image.sh to save what you copied when done.
3. Copy BOOT.BIN and linux.bin to boot/ folder and your root file system to rootfs/ folder
4. Create the final archive (the image created with step 1 will be compressed in a zip file)
./sync-virtual-image.sh Enter name prefix or [ENTER] for default name image-2011-09-28.zip
5. The image can be written to the microSD using dd or winimage.