Compiling Angstrom for pico-SAM9G45
Compile using thew new meta-angstrom distribution based on meta-openembedded branch (new branch)
git clone git://github.com/Angstrom-distribution/setup-scripts.git MACHINE=picosam9 ./oebb.sh update
This should download angstrom and openembedded sources. To get the picosam9 configuration layer:
cd sources git clone git://gitorious.org/picopc-tools/meta-picosam9.git MACHINE=picosam9 ./oebb.sh config picosam9
If you want to build only the kernel:
MACHINE=picosam9 ./oebb.sh bitbake virtual/kernel
or if you want a small base image:
MACHINE=picosam9 ./oebb.sh bitbake console-image
Compile using the classic angstrom distribution based on openembedded.dev branch (old branch)
This is obsolete and kept for reference. All development and maintenance are done on the new meta-angstrom.
git clone git://gitorious.org/picopc-tools/picopc-angstrom-setup.git cd picopc-angstrom-setup MACHINE=picosam9 ./oebb.sh update MACHINE=picosam9 ./oebb.sh config picosam9
The script will also download and install picosam9 recipes for angstrom from here: https://gitorious.org/picopc-tools/picopc-angstrom
To get the same build as the binary ones provided by mini-box.com you can use (note: this recipes only work on old openembedded.dev branch NOT the new meta-angstrom):
MACHINE=picosam9 ./oebb.sh bitbake picosam9-gpe-image MACHINE=picosam9 ./oebb.sh bitbake picosam9-console-image
- The build process builds kernel and a rootfs, you will still need to copy those file to a microSD respecting the info here: http://arm.mini-box.com/index.php?title=Main_Page#Building_an_image_from_scratch
- The BOOT.BIN bootstrap is not built by angstrom. You can get a binary from:http://resources.mini-box.com/online/pico-SAM9G45/android/BOOT.BIN or compile your own version.
- Latest version that our classic angstrom build (openembedded.dev) has been tested is: tested_2011-01-13. Other versions might have a different behavior. You can get this version by doing:
cd sources/openembedded git checkout tested_2011-01-13 -b tested_2011-01-13
- The version of bitbake used is:
cd sources/bitbake git checkout 1.12
- All above commands from step #2 downward must be issued from the picopc-angstrom-setup/ folder.